Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Student of the Month!

What a VERY overwhelming first month of school Winston had.  He started a new school, away from all his buddies, now had a dress code, and on top of it all had Friday Mass and knew NONE of the Catholic Prayers.  Perhaps Josh and I didn't prepare him enough for what this new journey had in store for him, but he managed to take it all in and make the best of it as he went.  He has a REMARKABLE teacher this year and a lot of Winston's accomplishments come from her as well.  

After only being at his new school for a month, his classmates and peers nominated him as Student of the Month.  It truly was one of the best moments as a mom to hear what his teacher had to say about him.  Something I will remember for the rest of my life and a moment I'm so GLAD I didn't miss.  Josh and I couldn't be more proud of Winston and the young man he is becoming.  

You have NO idea what a relief it is to hear your child tell you how much they like school and the school you chose for them.  It wasn't the easiest decision for Josh and I to move Winston from public school to private school but I can honestly say it was the best decision we have ever made for Winston.


These words are from Winston's teacher and what she had to say about him when he received his award.  




No comments:

Post a Comment