Friday, July 11, 2014

Presidents Award!

As I sat at the school assembly the last day of school I was flooded with emotions.  Not only was my oldest exiting the building but my youngest was entering next year.  A house empty......  what in the world am I going to do?  Then the lights when low and the end of the year movie began to play.  As I watched the tears began to fall and in that moment I realized I didn't want things to change. I love Grant School and I don't like the sound of change or the fact that my kids are getting older.  

However, I quickly got myself together and gave myself a pep talk.  Just as I was done having a pity party for myself I got to hear the most wonderful thing a mother could hear.  "Winston Roberts", Silver President Award!!!!!  Say What????  Yes our Winston is a hard worker and all of his hard work and determination paid off.  He and only a handful of other kids in his grade received this award.  

What an incredible way to leave Grant School and start a new chapter.  This mama melted and cheered rediculously loud!  Yup, I was the crazy mom in the back of the gym and I am so proud of it!!!


School is out for SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment