Friday, December 11, 2009

The talents God gives us

Growing up my dad always made us a wooden toy for Christmas. As a child, you don't fully appreciate the thoughtfulness or the time that is put into such a gift. Now that I'm an adult I am so thankful that I'm being able to teach my kids just how meaningful a gift homemade is. God gives us such wonderful talents, and for that I am so thankful my dad has the one he does. He does amazing things for our children.

When each of our boys where born, my dad made them a car with all their birth information.

Three years ago my dad surprised the boys with this completely over the top toy box.



When Alyee Jo was born I was most curious to see what my dad would pull out for his sweet granddaughter. Of course, he went above and beyond.
We are all waiting anxiously to see what her toy box will look like. He said he needs about 2 years before he can have it done. I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait.
You are the best dad, and we love both you and mom very much. Thank you

2 comments:

  1. Oh Havila that is so neat! What special treasures you and your kids will have forever. I love it that you blog so much now.....it is so great to see all you guys are up to....Jake watched the video of the boys racing and said it reminded him so much of when he was a kid hanging out with Josh. Anyways....thanks for the lotion info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's amazing to see how much your kids have grown. What a sweet little Princess you have. Things are just crazy here in Michigan. Erryn told us to hit your blog. Send me an e-mail jqb@jdsco.com and I will add you to ours. So fun to see your kids! You two look great too.

    -Bairs

    ReplyDelete