Friday, November 8, 2013

Boys will be Boys!

We all know boys have the ability to perhaps take it a little to far.  So last Friday when the school called and informed me, and I quote, "Winston had a little collision at recess and is going to need stitches," I shouldn't have been surprised!  However, I really thought that when I walked into the office I was going to be able to say, "Oh it's fine, you will be ok, shake it off,".   Boy was I WRONG!

Instead, I found myself saying, "yep that's going to need a few stitches!"

What was suppose to be a friendly game of touch football at recess, turned into a little bit more!  Accident happens and I am so thankful neither Winston or his friend weren't hurt more than they already were.

Winston has a wonderful group of friends, and when I walked through the school doors worry was written on every single one of their faces.  As a mom, you want those kids to know that everything is ok and that their friends will be just fine.  I gave each one of them a huge hug and tried to lesson their worry.  Their buddies were going to be ok!


Winston was one tough kid!  He may have a had a few tears, but it was nothing compared to what it would have been if it had been me.  After his 8 stitches were in, he looked at me and asked if he could still make it to basketball practice!  Are you kidding me!!!  

So it was ice cream and then practice!!
He has a memory and a scare to talk about for many years!





No comments:

Post a Comment