Monday, January 31, 2011

Damaged Goods

A few weeks back Hans and Uncle Lyndsy were having way too much together and lets just say the fun came to a screeching holt.  Hans ended the night with a pretty big bump on his forehead and Uncle Lyndsy didn't get much sleep that night.  I stressed to Uncle Lyndsy that it was just an accident and that he didn't need to feel bad what so ever, cuz chances are it wasn't going to be the last bump for Hans or any of the other boys for that matter.  
For those of you who know Hans, he is somewhat of a comedian.  After taking this picture he asked to see what his bump looked like.  He looked up at me with tears welling in his eyes and said, "Oh no mom, I'm damaged goods".  I know I shouldn't have, but come on what mom wouldn't bust out laughing at a comment made like that from their 5 year old. 



Yes I know that just isn't a little bump, that's a MONSTER of a BUMP". 
During the next week, Hans face began turning somewhat alien like from all the swelling. 


After 2 weeks Hans is back to normal with just a small bruise left to heal.  It sure is incredible how durable children really are.



2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Glad his bump has finally vanished...don't you wish we were that resiliant???

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I asked him about it in church, he was really shy. Winston had to explain it to me. Unfortunately as you know, it's the first of many bumps and bruises to come. I might need some numbing meds for my heart. Having boys can be tough on moms!

    ReplyDelete